Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter The Way Jesus Intended - Live Tweeting


Church the last few weeks has been interesting.  As I've contemplated Lent and walked my own grueling Lenten journey, I've been pretty much oblivious to everyone and everything around me.  I've cried in worship.  I've neglected my friends.  I've given the cursory, "Good morning!" (yes, I do speak in exclamation points)  But I've been so wrapped up in my own stuff that I haven't actually taken the time to notice what's been going on in the world around me...

...until today.

Today was Easter.  I was sure I would be so overcome with emotion that it would be a sob fest.  Instead, my joy found a different outlet.  I sat with my sister who hasn't darkened the door of a church in about a decade.  She live tweeted the service, in her truly snarky and irreverent manner, but it made me so profoundly happy to think that this person who hasn't been inclined to go to church in so many years could find a creative way to make it work for her.  Granted, it was mostly pictures of people in choir robes saying they needed a wardrobe change (and by "people" I mean me) and her commentary on the punctuation in the bulletin, but I'll take it.

1 comment: