Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another Housing Policy Post

Yes, I'm jumping on the housing policy train with this post.  Not because I am trying to affect change with this blog, because God knows I want to keep readership to a minimum, but because this is a way that CTS is doing some seriously negative evangelizing to our community, the PC(USA) and the larger church.

God calls us to live on the fringes, to walk with the marginalized, but CTS is shunning that call.  These people, our sisters and brothers in Christ, are just exactly that...people AND sisters and brothers in Christ.  And yet, we are telling them they aren't equal and don't get the same love from the church that their straight friends do.  That is, simply put, bad.  By choosing money or politics or whatever over God's children, we are effectively shunning God's call.

Well, friends, you do get the same love from God.  That's about all I can say without getting up on my high horse and ranting against the establishment.  There are a lot of things that have already been said, so I'm mostly just trying to listen, engage, and fight this good fight with faith, love, grace and respect.  I believe with all my heart that this is not what God wants, and my faith tells me to stand up and fight.  My faith calls me to stand up and fight.  So fight I will.  Because if I've learned anything in my brief time here, it's to follow what God is calling me to do.

3 comments:

  1. Your voice matters and I am glad you are a part of the conversation...we honor your voice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that you are willing to be just a presence during this. I struggle with how to respond too, but recognize that my presence already says something. There are so many people responding, I think that words are just one way, but our presence may speak even more at times.

    ReplyDelete